One Moore Book Is Hiring!
We're currently looking for part-time and internship help to expand our programs! Positions are paid hourly or with stipend and will begin in January 2019. Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
One Moore Book is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization that encourages reading among children of countries with low literacy rates and underrepresented cultures by publishing culturally relevant books that speak to their truths, and by creating bookstores and reading corners that serve their communities.
One Moore Book is hiring a part-time Associate Publisher! This is an exciting opportunity for a college graduate interested in publishing for young readers and underrepresented groups, and would like to be a part of a new and growing organization. This role will wear a number of hats, including working closely with the publisher to enhance business and editorial strategy, participate in all stages of publication, as well as represent the organization as needed. Must have strong writing/editing skills and the ability to handle a significant volume of work independently. Individual must also have strong organizational skills.
* Participate in all stages of publication for new titles
* Serve as main point of contact for editorial process
* Prepare internal and external reports as needed
* Assist in management of existing partnerships and development of new partnerships
* Assist in development and implementation of business strategy
* Assist in development and implementation of editorial strategy
* Assist Publisher as needed
A Social Media Intern will be actively enrolled in a university print journalism, advertising or other related program. The individual must be comfortable working independently, while able to meet deadlines. Should demonstrate excellent writing skills and the ability to develop and navigate strong social media networks on behalf of One Moore Book. This intern will work with staff to create content, implement a growth strategy with social platforms and provide related support.
* Monitor and post on blogs and social networks
* Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Twitter, children’s books blogs and forums, etc.
* Website and social media optimization
*Assist with generating keywords and other SEO needs
*Assist with email correspondence and scheduling
A Marketing Intern must demonstrate exceptional writing and editing skills, knowledge of the publishing industry and attention to detail. The individual will assist with book marketing and sales strategy development and management. Should be comfortable working independently, while able to meet deadlines.
*Assist in development and implementation of sales/marketing strategy
*Creation, oversight and optimization of ads
*Exploration and implementation of sales/marketing opportunities
*Writing ad copy and assisting with other content creation needs
*Conducting research related to the children’s book publishing industry, including industry developments and trends A Development Intern must have interest in non-profit fundraising. The individual must demonstrate the ability to undertake complex writing assignments, and posses an understanding of basic partner liaising skills. This individual will assist with grant proposal writing and gift processing activities, as well as assisting with general administrative needs.
* Writing grant proposal and LOI drafts
* Assist in the development of a fundraising and reporting strategy
* Source funding opportunities on behalf of organization
* Assist with planning organizational fundraisers